The O-Shot or “Orgasm Shot” is a non-surgical, relatively safe and effective procedure to help with urinary incontinence and sexual dysfunction in women.
What is the O-Shot?
O-Shot is a non-surgical, relatively safe and effective procedure to help with urinary incontinence and sexual dysfunction in women. The procedure uses your own blood plasma (platelet rich plasma or PRP) to stimulate growth factors in the vaginal tissue. The injection rejuvenates the vagina and clitoris improving the tone of the vagina and intensifying orgasms.
What are the benefits of receiving the O-Shot?
- It’s a drug-free, non-surgical procedure
- 95% of patients experience resolution of urinary incontinence
- Increases sensitivity to the vaginal and clitoral tissue
- Increases sexual desire
- Improves vaginal tone
- Improves vaginal dryness
- Provides a youthful and restored functionality to enhance sexual experience
- Minimal risk of adverse events since PRP is from your own blood
- Results seen in 1-3 weeks and can last up to a year or more
- Fast, relatively painless procedure with no down time
O-Shot for Lichen Sclerosis
Lichen Sclerosis is a painful chronic inflammatory skin condition affecting the vaginal tissue. The tissue of the vagina becomes thinner, white and adhesions may form resulting in pain, sexual dysfunction, urinary dysfunction and decreased quality of life.
Similar to the Vaginal Rejuvenation procedure, PRP is implemented into a protocol to treat Lichen Sclerosis resulting in significant improvement in symptoms and a decrease in inflammation of the vaginal tissue.
Does the O-Shot procedure hurt?
- The procedure is relatively painless. A topical numbing cream is applied to the clitoris and inside the vagina at the injection sites. A nerve block is also administered for maximum comfort during the procedure.
How long do the results last?
- O-Shot can last 6-12 months or longer, results can vary. Patients may require 1-3 treatments for maximum effect.
Is there any down time?
- Post care instructions will be provided to you at the time of your visit.
- There is virtually no downtime to the procedure. Once the numbing wears off in 30-60 minutes, patients can go about their day as usual. It is safe to exercise or enjoy sexual relations the same day as the procedure.
Is the procedure safe?
- The O-Shot Procedure uses your own blood plasma, there is minimal risk of infection, allergy or adverse events.
How do I prepare for my procedure?
- To prepare for your procedure please call the office to schedule your initial consult. Pre-treatment instructions will be provided at the time of your visit.
Is the O-Shot right for me?
- If you suffer from urinary incontinence, decreased sensation, inability to achieve orgasm, low sexual desire, painful intercourse, vaginal dryness or Lichen Sclerosis the O-Shot may benefit you.